The Max Cares Foundation is interested in helping students whom wish to pursue a career in the culinary and/or hospitality industry. If you are looking to attend or currently attend a culinary arts or hospitality school and wish to apply for our $2500 scholarship please do so below.
TO THE STUDENT:
2019 Scholarship Application Coming Soon
Materials must include the following:
- Student’s fully completed application.
- Student’s school transcript. (A minimum 2.5 GPA or show progress towards improving GPA required)
- A typed essay of between 250 – 500 words describing why you are applying for this scholarship, your affiliation with the culinary and/or hospitality industry, if any, and your career goals.
All materials submitted will be held in strict confidence and become the property of the Max Cares Foundation.
Max Cares Foundation, Inc
C/O Ruben/Horan, P.C.
249 Pearl St, 3rd Floor
Hartford, CT 06103Or complete the fillable application form below and submit online.
- Student must be a high school senior in good standing and eligible for graduation the same year as the scholarship application or a student in good standing currently enrolled in a secondary culinary arts or hospitality program.
- Student is seeking to earn a secondary degree in Culinary Arts or Hospitality oriented programs. Culinary Arts students may be given first consideration.
- Student must be a resident of or attend high school in the greater regions of Hartford, Connecticut or Springfield, Massachusetts.
USE OF SCHOLARSHIP:
- May be used at any properly accredited college, university, or trade school providing training in Culinary and Hospitality fields.
- Must be used within 12 months of this grant.
- May be used to defray tuition, supplies, room or board. Max Cares Foundation reserves the right to pay the Institution directly.
This scholarship is provided for one-time use only. No continued scholarship support for the student is stated or implied. However, application may be submitted year by year as applicant sees fit.
The Foundation will give consideration to the following criteria in making a final selection:
- Desire for career in Culinary and/or Hospitality Industry.
- Employment record and extra-curricular activities.
- Need based on information obtained in the application and interview, if held.
- Scholastic record.