Materials must be received by July 15, 2018 and include the following:
- Student’s fully completed application.
- Student’s school transcript. (A minimum 2.5 GPA or show progress towards improving GPA required)
- A typed essay of between 250 – 500 words describing why you are applying for this scholarship, your affiliation with the culinary and/or hospitality industry, if any, and your career goals.
All materials submitted will be held in strict confidence and become the property of the Max Cares Foundation.
Please download and complete the application form below and submit by mail to:
Max Cares Foundation, Inc
C/O Ruben/Horan, P.C.
249 Pearl St, 3rd Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
Or complete the fillable application form below and submit online.
- May be used at any properly accredited college, university, or trade school providing training in Culinary and Hospitality fields.
- Must be used within 12 months of this grant.
- May be used to defray tuition, supplies, room or board. Max Cares Foundation reserves the right to pay the Institution directly.
This scholarship is provided for one-time use only. No continued scholarship support for the student is stated or implied. However, application may be submitted year by year as applicant sees fit.
The Foundation will give consideration to the following criteria in making a final selection:
- Desire for career in Culinary and/or Hospitality Industry.
- Employment record and extra-curricular activities.
- Need based on information obtained in the application and interview, if held.
- Scholastic record.