Materials must be received by June 1, 2021 and include the following:
Materials include the following:
- Student’s fully completed application.
- Student’s school transcript. A minimum 2.5 GPA required (or show progress towards improving GPA).
- A typed essay of between 250 – 500 words describing why you are applying for this scholarship,
your affiliation with the culinary and/or hospitality industry, if any, and your career goals.
- A letter of recommendation from an educator, counselor or employer. Family members are ineligible.
All materials submitted will be held in strict confidence and become the property of the Max Cares Foundation.
Complete the fillable application form below and submit online. Upon receipt, we will contact you with directions on how to send the additional required materials electronically.
- May be used at any properly accredited college, university, or trade school providing training in Culinary and Hospitality fields.
- Must be used within 12 months of this grant.
- May be used to defray tuition, supplies, room or board. Max Cares Foundation reserves the right to pay the institution directly.
This scholarship is provided for one-time use only. No continued scholarship support for the student is stated or implied. However, application may be submitted year by year as applicant sees fit.
The Foundation will give consideration to the following criteria in making a final selection:
- Desire for career in the Culinary and/or Hospitality Industry.
- Employment record and extra-curricular activities.
- Need based on information obtained in the application and interview, if held.
- Scholastic record