The Max Cares Foundation is interested in helping students who wish to pursue a career in the culinary and/or hospitality industry. If you are looking to attend or currently attend a culinary arts or hospitality school and wish to apply for our scholarship award (up to $2,500), please do so below.
L to R: (top row) Max Cares Foundation Director Steven Abrams, Brandon Kaufmann, Joshua Barber, Shatasia Mason, Jacob Olsen
(bottom row) Max Cares Foundation Director Carol McCabe, Lauren Torla, Isabella Suffredini, Kailey Gordon
Pictured: (Top from Left) Evelyn Brooke, Evan Pednault.
(Bottom from Left) Ava Beeler, Hazel Grallert, Grant Kaulkus
2021 Scholarship Awardees
Joshua Barber of North Windham, CT (Manchester Community College)
Ava Beeler of Portland, CT (Manchester Community College)
Evelyn Brooke of Granby, CT (Johnson & Wales University)
Kailey Gordon of Hartford, CT (Culinary Institute of America)
Hazel Grallert of Cummington, MA (Culinary Institute of America)
Branden Kaufmann of West Hartford, CT (Johnson & Wales University)
Grant Kaulkus of Marlborough, CT (Culinary Institute of America)
Shatasia Mason of Meriden, CT (Manchester Community College)
Jacob Olsen of Old Lyme, CT (Johnson & Wales University)
Evan Pednault of Manchester, CT (Johnson & Wales University)
Bella Piacentini of Wolcott, CT (Lincoln Technical Institute)
Isabella Suffredini of Farmington, CT (Cornell School of Hotel Administration)
Lauren Torla of West Hartford, CT (Johnson & Wales University)
2022 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
TO THE STUDENT:
- Student’s fully completed application.
- Student’s school transcript. A minimum 2.5 GPA required (or show progress towards improving GPA).
- A typed essay of between 250 – 500 words describing why you are applying for this scholarship, your affiliation with the culinary and/or hospitality industry, if any, and your career goals.
- A letter of recommendation from an educator, counselor or employer. Family members are ineligible.
All materials submitted will be held in strict confidence and become the property of the Max Cares Foundation.
Please download and complete the application form below and submit by mail along with the additional required materials to:
Max Cares Foundation, Inc
C/O Ruben/Horan, P.C.
249 Pearl St, 3rd Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
Or complete the fillable application form below and submit online. Upon receipt, we will contact you with directions on how to send the additional required materials electronically.
- Student must be a high school senior in good standing, eligible for graduation the same year as the scholarship application and seeking to earn a secondary degree in Culinary Arts or Hospitality oriented programs OR a student in good standing currently enrolled in a secondary Culinary Arts or Hospitality oriented program
- Student must be a resident of or attend high school in the greater regions of Hartford, Connecticut or Springfield, Massachusetts. See list of towns/cities below.
USE OF SCHOLARSHIP:
- May be used at any properly accredited college, university, or trade school providing training in Culinary and Hospitality fields.
- Must be used within 12 months of this grant.
- May be used to defray tuition, supplies, room or board. Max Cares Foundation reserves the right to pay the institution directly.
This scholarship is provided for one-time use only. No continued scholarship support for the student is stated or implied. However, application may be submitted year by year as applicant sees fit.
The Foundation will give consideration to the following criteria in making a final selection:
- Desire for career in the Culinary and/or Hospitality Industry.
- Employment record and extra-curricular activities.
- Need based on information obtained in the application and interview, if held.
- Scholastic record.
- Letter of recommendation
- Must be resident or attend high school in city/town in greater Hartford, CT and Springfield, MA regions as identified below.
Applicants must be resident or attend high school in the following
Towns/Cities in the Greater Hartford, CT and Springfield, MA regions
East Hartford, CT
East Windsor, CT
New Britain, CT
Rocky Hill, CT
South Windsor, CT
West Hartford, CT
Windsor Locks, CT
East Longmeadow, MA
West Springfield, MA